Here is the recipe for you, it's done without the need of scales, just things you have around the house. It's a super easy lunch recipe which takes as long as a pan of pasta takes to boil!
- dessert spoon of butter
- dessert spoon of flour
- 1.5 mugs of milk
- cheddar cheese (I tend to use about a third of the block, but it's to taste)
- heaped teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- Scrunch of black pepper and salt.
- enough pasta for 2-4 people (depending on how saucy you want it)
- Put the pasta on to boil
- In another pan, put the butter and flour. Turn on the heat to medium high and stir until they form a paste.
- Add the milk and bring to the boil
- Add the mustard, salt and pepper and cheese
- Stir until the cheese has melted, taste and add more if you want. I like mine super-cheesy!
- If the sauce isn't thick enough for you, feel free to add two teaspoons of cornflour mixed in a little cold water. The thicker the better with this sauce, it really helps it cling to the pasta!
- When the pasta is boiled, drain in a colander and tip into the cheese sauce mix. Give it a stir around and you're done!