Anyway the other day I had a go, and this is what I managed (all these photos are unedited - my skin is terrible - but I wanted to get this post out quick!)
Not bad considering my hair is this long
How I did it:
This takes a while to do so best if you have a long morning, or if you can do most the prep the night before.
- Firstly I filled my hair full of mousse when wet and dried it upside-down to give it lots of volume
- Then I got my curling tongs and curled my hair really tightly. After each curl was made, I quickly wound it round my finger and pinned it up against my head like this:
- If you're prepping for the next day, you can go to bed like this and sleep easily! If not, leave your hair whilst you get dressed and put on your makeup.
- Unpin the curls and brush out with your fingers. Then add volume boosting powder to your crown and backcomb it to get big hair (see my guide on how to get big hair here)
- Finally, split your hair into about 5 or 6 sections evenly around your head. Grab the tips of your hair in the front left section, and then pin it up, underneath itself into your neck. (That's really hard to describe!) Basically you're folding your hair in half and pinning it up loosely so your hair is shorter, thicker and keeps its curls as you are folding loosely.
- Continue this all around your head until all your hair is pinned up and under a curtain of hair to hide it. Tong the front parts if you have layers and you've got a fake bob!