I love cookies! However we all know they're super fatty and bad for us. Yesterday I decided to do some baking experimentation with cookies using Greek yogurt instead of butter! What resulted was a gooey, brownie-like cookie which I was really impressed with and after interest in Instagram I thought I'd share my recipe. This recipe is really easy, you won't even need to get a mixer and scales out.
Start by grabbing yourself a medium sized mug (one that contains around 250ml liquid) as this is our measuring tool. You will then need:
1 large egg
1 and ½ cups of caster sugar
1 and ½ cups of greek yogurt
1 and ½ cups of plain flour
1 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla essence
A pinch of fine salt
Big old handful of chocolate chips (I chopped up some chocolate from a big bar)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (gas mark 4) and line some trays with baking paper
- Throw all your ingredients except the chocolate chips into a bowl and using a rubbery spatula or wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients together. If the mixture is too thick you can add a little more greek yogurt. You want it to be cake mix consistency
- Add in your chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and fold in.
- Using 2 dessert spoons, blob some onto a baking tray and pop into the oven for 10 minutes. As you can see it makes loads of cookies.
- Once you take them out, sprinkle with a tiny bit more salt for a cheeky way to make the chocolate really pop!
What you get is a slightly crisp, yet gooey chocolate cookie which is similar to a brownie in consistency. So delicious!